Sunday, September 6, 2009

Internationals

Denmark - Portugal, 1-1, 'Parken Stadium', 5/9 -09

Bendtner scored a really nice one in the end of the first half, the ball was delivered into the box, and Bendtner shrugged off his defender, took the ball down on his chest, and just slammed it into the roof of the goal! Really beautiful play there!
The debutant in Portugal, Liedson, scored a header when the game was getting to an end, but Portugal didn't manage to score a second, even though Denmark was pressed hard.
But from this game I'd like to pick out Bendtners goal as the highlight of the match, perhaps not a particularly big surprise.

Spain - Belgium, (3-0), 5/9 -09

Firstly, I just want to say that this was a very late game, I kinda' fell asleep somewhere after the third goal..
All I can remember is wastching the game, and then suddenly mom put her hand on my shoulder and asked me if I was watching thai-boxing, and I just said, 'no, i'm watching Spain vs Belgium', but then I looked at the TV and saw two guys hopping around in a weird way.
I then saw the clock, and realized the game was finished fifteen minutes ago.
And that's the story of how I fell asleep watching the European Champions.

But now, let's get back to the game, I can tell you how things happened before I fell asleep, I don't know yet if Fabregas played at the end, he started on the bench because of the injury he's had, but Vermaelen started, and I can say that he didn't do much wrong, because he was on Torres's heels, and Torres didn't participate in any of the goals as far as I know.
Villa missed a penalty about 20 minutes into the first half, but if anything, that was a turning point, cause a little while after the penalty, Silva had a great shot that went all the way back in the net and Villa wasn't far behind when in the second half, his amazing shot went straight to goal, and minutes after that Pique found himself in the penalty area, slamming in 3-0.

I have just read that the match ended 5-0, but I still don't know if Fabregas played or not, but atleast Torres didn't score, so Vermaelen did his job well (a)

Ps. I have just read that Johan Djourou will be gone for six months, he's just had a knee surgery, and it is really bad obviously.

No comments:

Post a Comment