Saturday, September 19, 2009

Arsenal vs. Wigan

4-0, Premier League, Emirates, 19/9 -09
Vermaelen 25, 47,
Eboue 59,
Fabregas 90

What a brilliant win! But it should have been like 8-0 or something for all the chances that we created.
I saw the game some hour after the game, since I had a riding lesson, like all Saturdays, but I just sat in the bed and enjoyed it with my little doggy.
All the credit to Vermaelen, what a footballer! I mean, two goals, one header and one really classy finish with his left-foot, I think we all are starting to count on him as a world class centre-half.

It must have felt great for Eboue to get a goal in his return, even though it was more of a deflection, it was indeed a goal.
And before the game was up we got to see some real good footballing between Cesc and Tomas Rosicky, and a nice goal from the skipper, but he did seem to be in some pain with about 10 minutes left.

Overall it was a very nice display, and Wigan didn't create so much, and it was so nice to get a clean sheet, let's hope there will be many more similiar games like this one to come!!

Goals ;;

No comments:

Post a Comment