Saturday, August 29, 2009

Manchester United vs. Arsenal

1-2, Premier League, Old Trafford, 29/8 -09
Arshavin 40

I don't quite know where to start, i'm sitting in my room, alone in the dark, and just reflecting on the game, a big cloud of sorrow is all around me (I know, i'm being melodramatic), but it just isn't easy, being alone in a Manchester family in days like this, in the end, all I have is myself, that is why I think it is good for me to do these reports or whatever you call them..

It all started so well, we were actually dominating the game for most parts of the first half, and the first really screwed up thing was when Fletcher did a careless tackle on Arshavin in the box, he was just about to shoot, but the referee just waved on the game.
But Andrey would have quick revenge when he scored one of the most beautiful strikes I have witnessed, we could certainly do with some more of those..
Robin was like millimetres from doubling out tally, but Foster did a fucking monkey save! His foot came just in time to save the shit.

In the second half we lost the decisive stuff, like when Rooney went after the ball and Almunia went out to take it, and woops, there you have a penalty against you, and I wouldn't go as far and say that Rooney misses lots of those.
After the penalty we tried to stabalize, and I think we did quite a good job, since Robin hit the crossbar from a freekick, but as I said, the game wasn't ours to win..
Diaby, one of the best in the team by far, was todays black sheep, he converted Giggs freekick into his own net, and after that we never really had that great chance, except once.

When it was like 2 minutes left, Gallas nodded down a freekick and Robin smashed it into the goal, I flew up the couch, thinking it was too good to be true, which it of course was, Gallas came from offside when he nodded the ball down, so it wasn't a goal and I felt worse than I had before, it was definitely because of the joy(it was almost unbearable) and I thought I would die, but know that I have been given time to think some, it wasn't like The game, it was just a game, it is certainly not the end of the world that we lost, but in the heat of the moment I could of course not see that.

The Positives is at least that the defence looked strong, it wasn't like the back four did anything out of order, so we remain stabil there, and there is still a lot of time for a comeback, and isn't that what Arsenal do best?

No comments:

Post a Comment