Thursday, September 17, 2009

Standard Liege vs. Arsenal

3-2, Champions League, Stade Maurice Dufrasne Liège, 16/9 -09
Bendtner 45,
Vermaelen 77,
Eduardo 81

I was sitting in the couch and had just started listening to the game through BBC Radio (since the game wasn't on TV), when suddenly everything went completely wrong, all of a sudden it was 1-0 , followed by a penalty for the Belgian team, and before it had gone 5 minutes, we were down with 2 goals.
My first thought when I heard that they were given a penalty was that it was an old recorded game or something like that, since I didn't belive that the BBC Radio shit was going to work in Sweden (I tried it last year, and then it didn't work), but unfortunately, or not, it wasn't so I got to listen to the entire game while sitting with dad and his buddy Johan watching Inter-Barcelona, but listening to Arsenal.
I believe it was my first time listening to a game on the radio, so I didn't really follow on everything, I had quite late reactions to the wonderful Arsenal goals, and sometimes I cheered when the other team was attacking, but in the end everything worked out great.

Bendtners goal just before halftime was absolutely crucial, even though it was a game against one goal, he somehow managed to score from a very difficult angle and it was a bloody brilliant goal as well, there he got to show some of his technical skills.
Vermaelen levelled thing up from a Fabregas freekick, and the ball bounced off the lines a couple of times before the goal was given, Song flicked it to the Belgian defender.
And at last Eduardo got to set thing right when he put it in with his knee from a Fabregas corner this time (a), and as a celebration he kissed his knee, and started running.

That's all from this great game, and unfortunately it seems as Denilson will be out for a couple of weeks, but van Persie will perhaps be back for the Wigan clash, Almunia is still sick, so it will be Mannone for another game.

All the salvation goals;

No comments:

Post a Comment