Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Tottenham Hotspur vs. Arsenal

3-3, Premier League, White Hart Lane, 20/4 -11
Walcott 5,
Nasri 12,
Van Persie 40

I promised myself I wouldn't be disappointed (well, at least that I wouldn't let my feelings show) no matter how the game ended tonight. I broke that promise pretty much the second the ref blew the whistle,, I started yelling at my sister, my cousin and my friend,, They just wouldn't stop asking how the game went... They must've started thinking I'm some kind of psycho by now,, even I'm starting to believe that there is something like that going on with me, when Tottenham scored the equalizer and my dad shouted out a "Yeess!" I was soo close to hitting him, my arm went up but in the last second I managed to get a hold over myself and let it fall back down, though I did hit him when he made a comment about one of our players later on.

For the neutral watcher this must've been quite a show, 'cause it sure was some great football being played on that pitch, unfortunately for us we once again let a two-goal lead slip, but we didn't lose this time around, so at least that's some improvement.

We were ahead after just five minutes when Walcott broke loose after a great pass from the skipper, and as the defence never were going to catch up with him he slid it past Gomez into the goal!
They equalized two minutes later.

But five minutes after their equalizer we found ourselves ahead once again when Nasri produced a stunning shot that went past Gomez.
Van Persie joined the scorers as a cross from Walcott was first headed at goal, though Gomez saved that one, but the rebound went straight at the Dutch forward who smashed it into the net!

We all now what happened later on in the game with Tottenham scoring again before half-time and then from a penalty.

Injury Update;
-Sagna was back for this game, so some good news.

No comments:

Post a Comment