Thursday, August 27, 2009

Arsenal vs. Celtic

3-1, Champions League Qualification Game 2, Emirates, 26/8 -09
Eduardo 28 (pen),
Eboue 53,
Arshavin 74

Another thrilling display for the Gunners as they get into the Champions League group stage for the 12th year in a row!
We had control during the entire game, and it was only a matter of time before we would break the deadlock, which Eduardo did from a penalty which he caused himself, but it was a very uncertain penalty.
This is my opinion of what happened; Eduardo was running after the ball in the box, when the goalkeeper slided out to cover up so a shot wouldn't come, but he got a bit too close and to avoid the 'keeper, Eduardo took a short step, but couldn't keep his balance, så he fell, and the referee made it a penalty, not much that Eduardo had to say on the occasion anyway.

Well, so after the great penalty things slowed down, but about 8 minutes into the second half Eboue was about to change things, Bendtner made a clever backheel, and found Diaby(Fabregas' replacer, Fabregas is most likely to miss the United game) and Diaby passed to Eboue, who fired home low to seal the game.

In the 71st minute Andrey and Wilshere came on for the goalscorers(Diaby was replaced by Ramsey in the 61st) and made immediate inpact, in fact, just 3 minutes into the Russians European Debut for Arsenal, he scored! Andrey and Ramsey was exchanging ball a couple of times before Andrey took a great shot and that meant Arsenal 3 Celtic 0.
But unfortunately it didn't end there, in the last minute Donati shot a very tricky shot, that went off the post and in, but it was hardly anything more than a little consolation for the Scottish giants, who will be playing Europa League next.


And I just have to add the GREATEST thing that just happened to me, when I got home about an hour ago, I went into the kitchen, and I saw a package from London addressed to me, I got in a sort of trance, because the first thing I think of when I hear London, is Arsenal, but then I realized that I also order books from England, but I hadn't bought any books as far as I knew, so then it was just too quickly open the package, and in there I saw the ARSENAL REVIEW 08/09, and got like a heart attack or something!! I took up a paper that was beside the DVD, and here's what it said;

Dear Jenny, CONGRATULATIONS!!!!
Many thanks for entering the Gunners Giveaway competition in the August 2009 edition of Arsenal - The Magazine.
I'm Delighted to tell you that you answered the question to Giveaway 3 correctly(How many games Arsenal went unbeaten in the league run, 21 if you all recall), were chosen as one of our lucky winners and your prize is herewith enclosed.
In closing, many thanks for entering and may I send you best wishes from everyone at Arsenal FC.
Yours Sincerely
Joanne Harney, Publications Office Manager.

PS. I bought a new Fabregas Poster yesterday aswell (; DS.

No comments:

Post a Comment