Saturday, September 18, 2010

Sunderland vs. Arsenal

1-1, Premier League, Stadium of Light, 18/9 -10
Fabregas 12

First heartache of the season, I had completely forgot the feeling, it feels like you've been stabbed and it spreads all over your body, I haven't missed it, that's for sure..
If you just read the result you might think that I overreact quite a bit, I mean a point away against Sunderland doesn't sound too bad if you hadn't watched the game..
There were 4 minutes of added time, they score in the 95th minute.. All I can think is fecking fecking referee...
One thing you always now but never will accept is how unfair football can be, cruel and unfair is what it is in the end...

The first thing I said, and surely many other fans out there, when we were awarded the penalty with 17 minutes to go was "we have to nail this one", and when I saw the penalty taker, sorry Rosicky, I adore you but also now that you aren't the most prolific goal scorer we have, I thought at once why? why? why? why?!
Sometimes you can just feel that something somewhere is going to go really wrong, and that was what I felt when I saw the no. 7 lining up to take the penalty that would virtually seal the game. (Cesc had to leave the pitch after less than thirty minutes, due to an injury(!) and Arshavin, who usually takes them when the captain isn't available, was substituted just before).
I had actually expected someone like Nasri (or why not Chamakh?) to take it, but that wasn't the case and this time, maybe it should have been, for had that penalty gone in, I'm 100 percent sure we would have got the three points.
And one other thing that was defining was that Song was sent off just eleven minutes into the second half after picking up two yellow cards.

So the team fought like heroes every single minute of the game, but when the game had passed 94 minutes and Sunderland were allowed to lift it back into our box everything fell apart, and I'm honestly still having trouble to fight off the burning anger I feel everytime I think about it, we deserved so much more than that fecking referee permitted. Phil Dowd, that's a name I shall never think kindly of again.
Unfortunately I do not feel like writing about our goal, but can just mention that Cesc interrupted a pass and it bounced into the net.

Injury Update;
-I know nothing about Cesc's injury yet, hopefully nothing serious though... But it wouldn't surprise me if it would end his season, considering the luck we seem to have on the injury department.


No comments:

Post a Comment