Saturday, October 29, 2011

Chelsea vs. Arsenal

5-3, Premier League, Stamford Bridge, 29/10 -11
van Persie 36, 85, 90,
Santos 49,
Walcott 55

Am still Buzzing from the game and probably will be for a while now! Even more so as I'm going to London on Monday and then to the Emirates on Tuesday to watch the game! Am soooo excited!! Anyway,, back to this wonderful game! Our captain outdid himself once again! He is in an amazing form and by far the talisman of the team!

We got off to a rather poor start as Chelsea took the lead, but before long we equalized through an amazing team-move, finished off by no-one else than Robin van Persie! Ramsey provided a great pass through the Chelsea back four to Gervinho, who was selfless in passing the ball to the Dutchman, who could finish it off with hardly anything more than a tap-in. However, we had to suffer further as Terry scored from a corner just seconds before the first half was over.

We started the second half really good and an amazing run from Santos resulted in him scoring, yet again! , for the club! Have to say that I'm not used to having a full-back this potent to scoring, but can't say that I don't enjoy it!
Then to more or less everyone's surprise, we took the lead! This goal is probably my personal favourite of the game. Theo Walcott received the ball from a short-taken free-kick, as he gathered pace he was fouled by a Chelsea player, but instead of staying down he got up quickly, surprising the entire defence and through some amazing skill he got past everyone and scored from an amazing strike! A wonderful achievement from the young Englishman!

To our bitter disappointment Mata equalized for Chelsea with ten minutes to go, especially sour was the fact that Lukaku, who wasn't even near the ball, took down Santos just to clear space for Mata! , and I must admit that my hopes for winning the game died with that goal. But a certain Dutch forward never seizes to amaze me! And through some divine intervention, Robin van Persie got a one-on-one chance with the Cech when Terry slipped! And our captain didn't let us down! He sealed the game for us in added-time, van Persie received a pass from Arteta and fired a great shot to win us the game!

For the first time in a long time I feel truly proud of being an Arsenal fan! And these are the moments to hold on to in times of darkness..

Oh! I almost forgot, I'm going to London on Monday! oh wait,, I didn't.. Mentioned that in the beginning, didn't I... Well,, I just have to say one more thing! I've once again won a competition in the Arsenal Magazine! Won FIFA12! Really amazing! Have now won two times in something like four attempts!

No comments:

Post a Comment