Sunday, December 27, 2009

Arsenal vs. Aston Villa

3-0, Premier League, Emirates, 27/12 -09
Fabregas 65, 81,
Diaby 91

Well, there isn't really much to say than one name, Cesc Fabregas.. We didn't look too good in the first half (Cesc was in the bench due to the hamstring problem he picked up against Burnley), but when the captain came in (minute 56), there was a new Arsenal on the pitch!
I don't think it was merely his touch and pass that made the difference, the presence did a lot if you ask me, but of course, without his shooting and passing things wouldn't have taken off.

As mentioned earlier, there isn't much to write about from the first half, but in the second it was all Arsenal, and when Cesc earned us a great free kick opportunity, no one had much to say about who was going to take it.
My dad said just before he struck it that it felt as though it would be a goal, and it was one of the finest free kicks I have ever witnessed, beautifully curved and with great speed.
I just flew up the couch in pure joy, and it was more to come...
After that first goal it felt as though the game were slowly slipping out of our hands, until Walcott led a counter-attack with Cesc by his side, and the pass was superb, almost as good as the amazingly brilliant finish from Fabregas, and that's how this one player turned a game around.. But I'm afraid that was as good as it got, cause during that run (I think it was a 70 yard sprint or something) he must have worsed the hamstring or something, he hobbled off not long after that goal and went straight down the tunnel for treatment, so you could say, brought in - scored a brace - hobbled off, All that in 27 minutes ..

Diaby managed to fire a great shot at the dying minutes, and got a well deserved goal to round things up with.

Injury Update;
-I have no news from Cesc's injury yet, hopefully I can bring some good news on Wednesday.
-Traore was back for this game and did really well.
-Denilson appears to have picked up a back problem again, the same that kept him out for a while earlier in the season.

And I just have to add that I got an Arsenal Membership for Christmas! So now it hopefully won't be long until I can get to Emirates!!

No comments:

Post a Comment